New Radio
NEW IRC

Wondering about your opinion on the matter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wondering about your opinion on the matter

Post by Jordan on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 am

Hello. I decided to post this topic because I am curious about two other Occultist/LHP religions that may or may not be related to Satanism. I am sorry if this topic does not fit this forum, since it is not directly about Satanism; but it may be somewhat indirectly related. Throughout my research into Satanism I have come accross these two organizations more than once, "The Temple of Set" and "The Cult of Cthulhu."

First off, is the Temple of Set related to Satanism? I have read that the Temple of Set was started in Ancient Egypt. I find it similar to Satanism, in that the goal is to empower yourself. Is the god Set just another name/representation of Satan, or is this an entirely different god? I noticed that they use some of the same symbols. The reason why I am asking you is that in order to join the Temple of Set, or its forums, to learn more you must be a registered member. It costs money to be a member so I'm feeling a little skeptical in this issue. Do you guys know anything about this, or know whether it is worth looking into?

I have been talking to another Satanist through email, he posts videos on You Tube on Satanism. He goes by the You Tube name of Nargorgole, not sure if you guys are familiar though. Even though I find his videos quite strange and very mysterious, I began asking him a few questions and how he perceives Satanism to be. He has a very open mind on Satanism, and has taken part in the Occult outside of Satanism. He told me to look at as many different sources on the Occult as possible to get a good feel for Satanism. One reading he recommended for me was the sacred text (forget the name) from Cult of Cthulhu. I went to their forums and found that the Cult of Cthulhu didn't really have much to do with Satanism. It does not mention Satan anywhere, but mentions the Ancient Ones. Also, from reading the forum posts, found out that this was inspired by HP Lovecraft. I find it strange that a religion/cult to be based on an authors books. This makes it seem as though the Cult of Cthulu is ficticious. It does have some good merits to it, as the goal is to "Awaken" yourself from the mundane world. This organization seems kind of sketchy, and the information is very hard to understand.

Currently I find traditional Satanism to make the most sense to me. I am confident that the left hand path is right for me. After researching into this matter I found this path to be quite intriguing. I can no longer go back to a mundane, meaningless life, but have the urge to understand the metaphysical/astral realms outside of the physical world. I was just wondering if you guys could give your opinion on these two subjects, or even give suggestions on other organizations or important readings.

Thanks everyone

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Re: Wondering about your opinion on the matter

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 pm

I could not access Temple of Set's website but I do not like the looks of Cult Of Cthulhu. They worship some grotesque beast, although they do have good morale. I say you stick with Satanism.

Back to top Go down

Post by LossoCelo on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Lucifer, he is asking if they are at all related. I'd leave the answer of this probably to demon, I briefly remember him saying he was once part of the Temple of Set. I do not however remember if he is still a member. I personally do not know the cause or meaning of either, my research is slightly lacking I know. I will find out what I can, but Demonicvangaurd can probably answer your question about the Temple of set.

-Losso

(P.S. have fun making your left hand right for you.... I typically think if you take your left hand and make it right, that automaticaly depletes the purpose of the word.... Left Hand)

LossoCelo
Admin

http://satansarmy.4rumer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LucifugeKaiser on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Jordan wrote:
I have been talking to another Satanist through email, he posts videos on You Tube on Satanism. He goes by the You Tube name of Nargorgole, not sure if you guys are familiar though. Even though I find his videos quite strange and very mysterious, I began asking him a few questions and how he perceives Satanism to be. He has a very open mind on Satanism, and has taken part in the Occult outside of Satanism. He told me to look at as many different sources on the Occult as possible to get a good feel for Satanism.

I have seen his videos. I believe I've mentioned before someone on You Tube tried to say that theistic Satanism is only ten years old. From my own observations, I think he likes using the name "satanism", and uses the name "satan" to mean the universe. It all seemed Panentheistic but I'm not exactly sure how legit he is. Personally, I didn't like him, mainly because of what he said about Theistic Satanism, but don't take my word for it. I've been wrong before.
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Satanas on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Theistic Satanism is the oldest religion, the modern organized versions, such as JOS, and this website, are quite new though.

Dante Satanas
Ranking Members
Ranking Members

Back to top Go down

Post by LossoCelo on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 pm

LucifugeKaiser wrote:
Jordan wrote:
I have been talking to another Satanist through email, he posts videos on You Tube on Satanism. He goes by the You Tube name of Nargorgole, not sure if you guys are familiar though. Even though I find his videos quite strange and very mysterious, I began asking him a few questions and how he perceives Satanism to be. He has a very open mind on Satanism, and has taken part in the Occult outside of Satanism. He told me to look at as many different sources on the Occult as possible to get a good feel for Satanism.

I have seen his videos. I believe I've mentioned before someone on You Tube tried to say that theistic Satanism is only ten years old. From my own observations, I think he likes using the name "satanism", and uses the name "satan" to mean the universe. It all seemed Panentheistic but I'm not exactly sure how legit he is. Personally, I didn't like him, mainly because of what he said about Theistic Satanism, but don't take my word for it. I've been wrong before.

I've reviewed him, the belief of it is not what we care about here. Satanism can be 1 year old in their view for all we care. In short he is not diverting people to look at the Xianity version of Satan. Though I know there are some sects of satanism that do believe that... My reference to them will almost always say Pseudo satanic, it's within my belief.

After reviewing his website he has proven that his information is not 100% lie, though it does lack some information. We are at the same point, we do not lie to you, though we do not have all the information. And because majority of satanism rejects the ideals of religion, we qualify under spiritual belief regardless how many believe the same thing. We encourage you to come to your own conclusion based on the little information we give you.

-Losso

LossoCelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks for considering the matter. I just find it hard what to discern as valid and invalid on theistic Satanism since I am fairly new

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by LossoCelo on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 pm

All is what you as yourself believe. As I told you, most people had somewhere to start during their studies. I preferred to do things myself, thereby my views will typically be ALOT different from the other Admins and Moderators, and even the Respected members. As I said, we can only lay information out for you, you need to come to your own conclusions if you wish to advance.

Religion tells you what they believed happened, and your required to believe it without a doubt. Satanic beliefs will give you the information, but you have to decide for yourself what happened. That makes your beliefs different from the satanist that stands next to you, but that is what make's beliefs so much greater then religion.

This is why it is okay to read anyone's works, even read multiple works that might contradict eachother in a way, but in the end the goal is what stays the same. All of us strive to become immortal, both emotionally, and in the minds of others.

-Losso

LossoCelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonicvanguard on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Jordan wrote:Hello. I decided to post this topic because I am curious about two other Occultist/LHP religions that may or may not be related to Satanism. I am sorry if this topic does not fit this forum, since it is not directly about Satanism; but it may be somewhat indirectly related. Throughout my research into Satanism I have come accross these two organizations more than once, "The Temple of Set" and "The Cult of Cthulhu."

First off, is the Temple of Set related to Satanism? I have read that the Temple of Set was started in Ancient Egypt. I find it similar to Satanism, in that the goal is to empower yourself. Is the god Set just another name/representation of Satan, or is this an entirely different god? I noticed that they use some of the same symbols. The reason why I am asking you is that in order to join the Temple of Set, or its forums, to learn more you must be a registered member. It costs money to be a member so I'm feeling a little skeptical in this issue. Do you guys know anything about this, or know whether it is worth looking into?

I have been talking to another Satanist through email, he posts videos on You Tube on Satanism. He goes by the You Tube name of Nargorgole, not sure if you guys are familiar though. Even though I find his videos quite strange and very mysterious, I began asking him a few questions and how he perceives Satanism to be. He has a very open mind on Satanism, and has taken part in the Occult outside of Satanism. He told me to look at as many different sources on the Occult as possible to get a good feel for Satanism. One reading he recommended for me was the sacred text (forget the name) from Cult of Cthulhu. I went to their forums and found that the Cult of Cthulhu didn't really have much to do with Satanism. It does not mention Satan anywhere, but mentions the Ancient Ones. Also, from reading the forum posts, found out that this was inspired by HP Lovecraft. I find it strange that a religion/cult to be based on an authors books. This makes it seem as though the Cult of Cthulu is ficticious. It does have some good merits to it, as the goal is to "Awaken" yourself from the mundane world. This organization seems kind of sketchy, and the information is very hard to understand.

Currently I find traditional Satanism to make the most sense to me. I am confident that the left hand path is right for me. After researching into this matter I found this path to be quite intriguing. I can no longer go back to a mundane, meaningless life, but have the urge to understand the metaphysical/astral realms outside of the physical world. I was just wondering if you guys could give your opinion on these two subjects, or even give suggestions on other organizations or important readings.

Thanks everyone

The Cult of Cthulu is an organization that chooses to focus on working with and expanding the work of the Necronomicon. There have always been the arguments of whether or not the Necronomicon has roots in the Sumerian religions…But the fact of the matter is that results can be achieved when working with this system. The Necronomicon is a work of Necromancy, which some practitioners of magic/occult find loathsome…and if anyone solely works with this system for any length of time, they will eventually experience some negative fallout. But success is oftentimes the ultimate goal in dealing with anything system of the occult or magic. That being said, isn’t it interesting that even the most mundane systems of magic can prove to be successful? So is it the power of the magic/system, or of the practitioner? This system would be interesting for a season…but if you are still working with the Necronomicon/Cthulu mythos for over three years, you have probably missed the boat.

The Temple of Set/TOS is a group founded by Former-COS member Dr. Michael A. Aquino. Dr. Aquino originally worked for the Army as a psychiatrist in the Psych-Operations Dept. Aquino was well aware of the many problems the Church of Satan encountered under LaVey and wanted to separated himself from all the bullshit and carnage that the COS had become. Thus, in order to extricate himself from the COS and from xianity, he decided to form the Temple of Set. His thought was that by taking the word “Satan” out of the mix (because Satan is almost always synonymous with the xitan religion) he could get around all the mess associated with most Satanic groups, which has more than its share of posers…Not to mention, he could say that the Egyptian God “Set” predates Christianity as well. When you join the TOS you are given what is called the “Crystal Tablet” which is the start and foundation of the Setian I grade. This group is very well established and it is not for the faint of heart. I have maintained membership in the TOS since 2002 and I would highly recommend it to all those looking to be challenged. If you want anymore questions about the TOS I will be happy to answer them.

Regards,

dv

Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top