New Radio
NEW IRC

Is it disrespectful

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it disrespectful

Post by Jordan on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey, I'm just wondering whether or not certain names for Satan are disrespectful or not. I have heard some Satanist refer to Satan as the devil, such as saying "I have worshiped the devil for many years." Also is the term Lucifer proper? In the bible it refers to Lucifer as the fallen angel, so by calling Satan Lucifer isn't that just reverse Chrisianity? Traditional Satanism isn't reverse Christianity so is Lucifer an ill-fitting term?

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it disrespectful

Post by LossoCelo on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Yes the bible does refer to Lucifer as the "Fallen Angel" Although this is his true name. Christians do not deny his existence, instead they choose to embrace it and change the meanings of it. Reverse is technically not what I'd call it. Devil is in old terminology for something, and most Christians actually don't know what it means. Devil Worshiping you would have to talk to Dante, but I do not believe is the exact same thing as satanism.

-Losso

LossoCelo
Admin

http://satansarmy.4rumer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Satanas on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 am

Devil comes from the sanskrit word Devi meaning god Razz

Dante Satanas
Ranking Members
Ranking Members

Back to top Go down

Post by LossoCelo on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 am

THANK YOU! Sir frigen old word dictionary....

LossoCelo
Admin

http://satansarmy.4rumer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Satanism has been around waay before Christianity. Satan didn't fall from anywhere, those who believe the bible stuff have fallen off their minds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:37 pm

AgeOfLucifer wrote:Satanism has been around waay before Christianity. Satan didn't fall from anywhere, those who believe the bible stuff have fallen off their minds.

Yea I know that. I was just implying that it might be disrespectful to use the term "Lucifer" because it would seem stupid to use a bible reference, concidering the bible is BS

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:36 am

Jordan wrote:
AgeOfLucifer wrote:Satanism has been around waay before Christianity. Satan didn't fall from anywhere, those who believe the bible stuff have fallen off their minds.

Yea I know that. I was just implying that it might be disrespectful to use the term "Lucifer" because it would seem stupid to use a bible reference, concidering the bible is BS

Lucifer means "he who brings light", so I'm not sure if it's a bible term or it predates the bible. It wouldn't be in their interest their enemy to be called like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Das √úbermensch on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am

AgeOfLucifer wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Lucifer means "he who brings light", so I'm not sure if it's a bible term or it predates the bible. It wouldn't be in their interest their enemy to be called like that.

It's a medieval term that comes from the Latin "Lux ferre," or "light bringer." In the bible, it originally referred to a Babylonian king who was destined to fall, but eventually became misinterpreted to mean Satan (much in the same way that "the beast" was misinterpreted as Satan). Milton took this concept further and created a story about the "fall" of Lucifer from the xian concept of heaven.
Das √úbermensch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top