New Radio
NEW IRC

Tai Chi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tai Chi

Post by JonParmesan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Today i went to a tai chi class and it was amazing. I highly recommend tai chi to every Satanist. Before i began i had to wait and watch everyone else for about 20 minutes because i was new. I got into a trance state and cleaned my aura. I could see everyones aura (faint lines). I learned the first few moves and practiced them over and over for about 20-30 minutes. After that i took a break and the rest of the class preformed the entire sequence and that takes about 25 minutes. Then some people left. The ones that stayed did a more advanced version. Its called dynamic pushing hands (search for it on youtube). They would push on each others hands and the more powerful person would push the other one and they would slide 15 feet across the room. It wasnt muscle strength. It was chi. After the class i felt great. I know Satan pushed me to do it and i thank Him.

JonParmesan

Back to top Go down

Re: Tai Chi

Post by LucifugeKaiser on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 am

That's very interesting. I take Shotokan Karate classes. They focus more on the structure and dynamics of the physical body. But learning how to use chi in martial arts is what will really save your ass. I'm very interested now.
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 pm

LucifugeKaiser wrote:That's very interesting. I take Shotokan Karate classes. They focus more on the structure and dynamics of the physical body. But learning how to use chi in martial arts is what will really save your ass. I'm very interested now.

Hey I used to take Shotokan Karate too! I've been out of it for about two years now.

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by LucifugeKaiser on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Jordan wrote:
LucifugeKaiser wrote:That's very interesting. I take Shotokan Karate classes. They focus more on the structure and dynamics of the physical body. But learning how to use chi in martial arts is what will really save your ass. I'm very interested now.

Hey I used to take Shotokan Karate too! I've been out of it for about two years now.

Thats so cool, what rank were you? I'm a 3rd kyu. We should spar sometime.
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 am

LucifugeKaiser wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Thats so cool, what rank were you? I'm a 3rd kyu. We should spar sometime.

The dojo/club I went to was not 100% shotokan. Shotokan is the basis for our techniques and katas. But we also did some ground fighting (mostly Brazilian Ju-jitsu), weapon sparring and kickboxing. I guess it was more of a mixed-martial arts school, but still had the traditional aspects to it. It wasn't an extreme MMA school, all the fighting was moderate contact sparing (your allowed to use a good amount of force, but not to the point of drawing blood, your not attacking full force). I think we may have had a different belt ranking system then you guys might. It went white, yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, black. I'm not sure what you mean by "kyu", but if your refering to degree, I'm a first degree black belt. We used the term "dan" to represent degree.

When I was a teen I used to compete quite a bit. But since going to College I haven't really had the time. The only physical activity I get is hitting the gym to lift weights.

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by LucifugeKaiser on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 am

My dojo is from a branch of the JKA. About as traditional as you can get. The kyu system works like this
10: white
9: white
8: yellow
7: Orange
6: green
5: purple
4: purple
3: brown
2: brown
1: brown(or black, where you train can be different.)

Everything after the kyu rankings are Dan rankings and are all black belt. Those ranks go in ascending order. We rarely use actual targets in the dojo, we have muscle charts and skeletal charts and even a fake skeleton for reference. There are other tools the sensei uses as well, but we don't really break boards or anything. There are competitions but they are quite expensive and I rarely compete. The whole point was to be fundamentally centered on discipline while still teaching the art, improving on it where necessary. The art had drastically changed while the U.S. Occupied Japan during world war 2. Nearly all the attacks were changed into punches and kicks, which aren't nearly as powerful as other moves taught, but the other moves were preserved in the katas, and dojos are going back to their roots.
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum